Today is my 32nd Birthday.
Here is my Year In Review of 31.
Hello from Colorado Springs!
I would like to start a new tradition every year on my birthday where I reflect on the highs, lows, and everything in between of the last year.
I think this will be a great way for me to measure and appreciate the progress I’ve made as a husband, father, friend, leader, and coach.
A few hours before my 30th birthday, I shared 5 truths I committed to in my 3rd decade of life. They are as follows:
- As far as we can tell, we only have this one life. 10,000 years from now, it’s unlikely anything we do will be remembered by those still around. So I commit to taking more risks, making more mistakes, taking imperfect, courageous action, and living my life to its fullest – since it’s the only one I’ll get.
- The world as we wish it to be is a world that must be built. It is always within your power to create a kinder, more equal, more free, more positive world for those living life alongside you.
- There is no denying the inextricable impact of those you surround yourself with. Community is everything. So I commit myself to being in spaces where only my full, authentic self is free to be congruent.
- There are so many people who have different beliefs, perspectives, opinions, ideas, and ways of life, and thinking your way is the only way will only hold you back from deeply connecting with those around you. So I commit to changing my mind, to being open to new ways of life, and to experiencing everything in front of me with a heart willing to receive.
- When tomorrow comes without me, I want my life to be marked by love, empathy, and compassion. I want every interaction I have with someone to make them feel seen, heard, and known.
In December of 2021
We were gifted by two incredible clients (Danisa & Jorge Suarez) an all-expense paid vacation to Miami and it was a blast! I turned my phone off for the entire trip, enjoyed the hot sun and warm water of the ocean, and ate so many tacos.
We also celebrated the Holiday’s at home in Southern California. (For those who didn’t know, we’ve lived in Colorado for the last 4 years.) It was nice to be around family and friends we hadn’t seen in a while.
In February of 2022
We celebrated my wife’s birthday and my Mom’s 50th birthday in California. We surprised my mom with a huge party and a shop-til-you-drop trip around her favorite stores.
In March of 2022
My wife and I were joyously surprised to find out that our family of 2 would become a family of 3 with my wife becoming pregnant with our first! And we made a cute announcement video!
My team and I travelled to San Diego, California to work with a client (Social Media Examiner) on their annual marketing conference (one of the biggest in the world.)
It was a great time connecting with friends, coaches, and influencers in our industry.
I also attended a 2 day intensive with one of my own coaches, Molly Mahoney, where I got a chance to present some of our launch strategies, as well as learn from some of the very best on how to continue to show up on social media with confidence and authenticity.
In April of 2022
We had two of our clients fly in for a 2 Day Business Intensive at the Colorado Springs Media Studio (one of my other businesses.)
Jaime recorded the first draft of her new course with a custom set my team built for her.
Occam came in and had a photoshoot, built a funnel, and professionally recorded video and audio content for his clients.
In May of 2022
We hosted our annual Abundance Leadership Retreat in Colorado! We had around 15 clients fly in, stay in a beautiful retreat space, and rest, relax, and pour rocket-fuel on their businesses. (We also had a blast singing karaoke and playing Settlers of Catan til 2am – looking at you Heather, Angela, Mercury and Dan!)
In June of 2022
We hosted a 21 Day Challenge helping our students and clients to live a more Abundant Life. We focused on the 7 Laws of Abundance as well as simple lessons you can implement today to start seeing more joy, success, and opportunity in your life. Want to take the 21 day challenge? Click here.
In July of 2022
We celebrated our Baby Shower back home in California. It was so nice to see everyone we loved support us as we step into parenthood! Special thanks to both our parents who hosted us!
We also enjoyed our Baby Moon in Hawaii. We spent so much time relaxing before our daughter arrived and it was a great opportunity for me and my wife to get away from our day to day routine.
In August of 2022
My wife and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary this year! I’ve known my wife since I was 13 years old, and every day continues to be a reminder that she is my forever person.
I hosted a 2 Day marketing intensive for my audience where I taught how to build an audience of buyers using organic social media strategies. I love hosting these every now and then because it allows people to see how easy it is to get exposure on their businesses.
In September of 2022
I decided to take some time off for paternal leave as my wife and I prepared for the arrival of my daughter. (This was one of those moments I was so happy to be a full-time entrepreneur.) I ended up off 2 weeks before our daughter arrived and I’m glad I didn’t wait until her birth to start my paternal leave because it gave my wife and I time to prepare, connect, and relax (as much as a 9 month pregnant person can!)
P.S. A huge thank you to my team who supported our clients and projects while I was off, including Brian Buck, Justin Williams, Dan Jorge, Jennie Wright, Wisdom Stacker, Erin Tarr, and many others!
In October of 2022
My daughter, Nyla Adeyemi Quintero, arrived in this world, and it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. Baby and Momma were healthy and safe.
Between diaper changes, feedings, and just watching Nyla breath, I think my wife and I got a total of 8 hours of sleep in that first month. It was the most exhausting, yet meaningful, month of my life. I also published a new piece of music I composed (with the help of Gary Albert) titled: Nyla’s Lullaby.
In November of 2022
We launched our waitlist for The Abundance Now! 2023 Coaches Summit. We also launched our Call For Speakers for the summit. We immediately got over 600 comments, applications, and inquiries from incredible speakers around the world who wanted to participate!
We also hosted two clients for 2 Day Business Intensives at the Colorado Springs Media Studio.
Mercury flew in and did a photoshoot, recorded video content, and built a few onboarding systems for his clients.
Paige flew in and built out her sales funnel, did a photoshoot, and recorded video and audio content she can now use to sell her coaching programs.
And finally, we launched our weekly show called The School of Abundance! And in just 2 weeks, we had a 6 month waiting list to be on the show!
Best Content of 31
Below is a list of my favorite pieces of content I produced this year…
- How To Build A Selling Machine That Lands You Dream Clients w/ Joey Vitale
- How To Attract, Sell (& Re-Sell) Your Dream Clients at the Momentum Conference w/ Dan Shaikh & Rina Rovinelli
- How To Show Up Authentically, Lead Powerfully, And Shine Brightly at the Beautiful Business Summit w/ Julie C. Butler
- How To Create A 6-Figure+ Launch at the Grow & Profit Online Summit w/ Jennie Wright
Most Meaningful Reflections of year 31
Consistency > Intensity
I heard a quote from someone that made me stop in my tracks. They said “I became an overnight success after 20 years of consistently showing up.”
I’ve been a full-time coach and entrepreneur for 8 years. And I’m just getting started.
Joy makes everything easier
I love swimming. The way the water feels on my body when I’m gliding from one side of a pool to the other. The way the ocean feels brushing against my skin at the beach. The way my lungs ache for air when submerged for too long.
Where there is joy, there is life. And I feel most alive when I’m in the water. I want to find more of these life-giving activities this year.
There is so much I don’t know
A lot of my childhood beliefs have changed over the last 3-4 years. And the more I learn, the more I realize there is so much I don’t know and will never know.
This uncertainty is scary for so many people, but I’ve found so much freedom in acknowledging the unknowable. It’s made me more curious and full of wonder.
I find myself staring up in the night sky amidst the cosmic vastness that surrounds us. I get stuck exploring the smallest leaf on a tree, admiring its evolution. We seriously live in wonderful times.
Being a husband and a father is the most rewarding roles I’ll ever have
“Until you have a kid, you just don’t get it.”
I remember hearing this growing up, but now I understand this.
The love I feel for my wife Adeola and daughter Nyla are immeasurable.
I am deeply committed to being the best husband and father I can be, to learning what my wife and daughter need from me as they continue to shine brightly in this world.
What's next for 32?
I have a to-do list, and a to-feel list.
My to-do list includes:
- Creating the #1 Coaches Summit in the world
- Hosting the 2023 Abundance Now Retreat in Palm Springs
- Hosting a One Client Away challenge almost every month
- Taking my first family trip with both Adeola & Nyla
My to-feel list includes:
- I want to feel immeasurable joy in everything I do.
- I want to feel fully alive every morning I get to wake up.
- I want to feel deeply connected to the people around me.
- I want to feel a sense of belonging to my community.
- I want to feel honest and true about who I am and what I’m about.
- I want to feel fiercely courageous when standing up for what I believe in.